- Configure the server to support ARD.
- Go to Servers->Server Types->WebSphere Application Servers->yourServer->Web Container Settings->Web Container-> Asynchronous Request Dispatching.
- Click check box for Allow Asynchronous Request Dispatcher.
- Click OK and save.
Code up your asynchronous include:
You can also retrieve an include and insert it later in the page as such:
AsyncRequestDispatcher dispatcher1 = ((IBMServletContext)getServletContext().getContext("/YourContext")).getAsyncRequestDispatcher("/YourServlet");
FragmentResponse response1 = dispatcher1.getFragmentResponse(request,response);
- Install your ear as detailed below:
- Select server side or client side under "Asynchronous Request Dispatch Type" in Step 1 of the app install panels
Server side will aggregate the includes in memory.
I suggest using client side so you can verify its working more easily.
You can contact me on linkedin for more information.